Friday, March 13, 2009

Guardian story about the rape and murder of Eudy Simelane

I am too upset to write about this right now, but want to share this story about the rape and murder of Eudy Simelane, a much admired South African National Team player and lesbian feminist activist:

Rape and Killed for being a Lesbian: South Africa Ignores 'Corrective' Attacks

She was killed last year, her murderers have just been sentenced. Note that one of the women interviewed in this story was assaulted on her way home from football practice. She speaks about her attack in the accompanying video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Let me know what you think. Just an FYI: all comments posted to this blog are recorded, whether I publish them or not. I do not publish generally hateful comments - whether they be directed at me or at players and teams or other readers. I appreciate reader feedback, especially from those whose contributions add nuance and complexity to the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...